29 September 2006

Is Modern Un-sexy?



Generally, I try not to post frequently about Stuff I Want, because I believe that's going to lead me into this consumerist cycle where I just wantwantwant and pine for expensive things, and am never happy with what I have. I have a perfectly lovely comforter with a cover by Marimekko, and it's less than a year old. But I can't help but wantwantwant and needneedneed this 400 thread count, silkscreened incredibly gorgeous duvet cover designed by Nicole Chiala and Kristina de Corpo and manufactured by Amenity.

Call me crazy - I think clean, modern and spare is very friggin' sexy! I once briefly dated someone who shuddered when he saw my tidy, un-feminine apartment and said, "Is it okay to sit on your couch?" He then told me my bedroom was "too clean". Too clean for what? For sex, I guess, because we didn't! Well, excuse me for not having pepperoni drippings and crusted underwear between my sheets! Damned twenty-something boys.

No comments: