16 September 2006

Sakura Souffle Pens





I was having a terrible day at work and my stomach started to hurt, so I left. I think the stomach hurting was purely psychological, because I felt better as soon as I left. Then, as much as I hate malls, I proceeded to one to buy a gift.
True, if I had my sh*t together, I would have ordered a gift and had it delivered, but alas, I did not have my sh*t together, so off to the mall I went.

Predictably, I visted the Sanrio store. I saw some pens, and there was a sign that said, "Write and watch it grow!" Fascinated, I took the pens to the counter and said, "What do these do?"
"I don't know," said the salesperson. "Pens?"
"There's a sign that says, '... watch it grow,'" I told her. "Is it puffy ink?"
"I don't know," she repeated.
So of course my gullible ass buys the pens.

When I got home I searched around on the Internet and found out what the pens do and what they are. They're
Sakura brand "Souffle" pens, for writing on non-porous surfaces, like plastic or glass. The ink is opaque, raised or slightly "puffed", and permanent. Jeez! I don't know when I will ever be writing on plastic or glass. I am sure these pens are very cool, and I did write on a glass jar of chili oil with them to test them out, but they're not anything I need or can use! They got me with the curiosity factor; with their misleading sign that said, "watch it grow!" A sucker for Hello Kitty is born every day.

No comments: