09 September 2006

The Elixir of Youth?



Did I say that I work at an organic produce distributor? I do, and everyone there is really, majorly into food. Every day, bottles of wine arrive for our resident wine snobs, perfect peaches are overnighted, the cherry tomatoes are as good as sex, and one of my coworkers was on an obsessive quest to bake the perfect pineapple upside-down cake. She kept bringing the various iterations of the cake to work, much to the glee of the rest of us.

So when I started seeing people drinking out of these little tiny cartons of Harvest Bay Coconut Water, I figured it must be delicious, and I tried it. Ms. Pineapple Upside-Down Cake saw me drinking it my first time, and exclaimed, "You drink it? Have you noticed
a difference yet?"

"A difference in what?" I asked.

"Your skin! It's very hydrating, you know. Brenda and I have noticed our skin has gotten softer and younger. Brenda keeps saying, 'Ooh, feel me!'"

"I just ordered it because I saw you guys drinking it," I replied.

"Well, you'll notice a difference," she said.

Can it be true?! That the elixir of youth is neither Botox nor Restylane - it's the water inside coconuts?!

I order a case of coconut water once every two weeks now. DearDaniel drinks it, too.

I believe in magic!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh! i'm going to buy that at my health food store next time i go! your writing continues to delight and entertain me...

pink fluff and stuff said...

Brae! You're much too young to need anti-aging beverages!
It does taste wonderful, though. It's light and just slightly sweet. Do you like coconut?

Thank you so much for the lovely mention of Femmetopia on your blog, also!
I'm tickled.