21 September 2006

Comfy 69



These are my new shoes, which are extremely comfortable in addition to being extremely platform-y, and in my opinion, extremely cute! The brand is called "Natural Comfort" and this shoe style is W-69. Not an exciting shoe name at all. Well - maybe the numeric part is. The thing that makes platform shoes so much more comfortable than one would think is that your toes are elevated on a platform, too. So there's not an extreme angle going on with your foot. It's not the same as having your toes at floor-level and your heels five inches higher, which puts an extreme amount of pressure on the ball of your foot. In a platform shoe like this, your weight is much more evenly distributed and you feel balanced. You just have to get used to picking up your feet and clomping about like a prancing pony.

I needed a funky taupe shoe for a new dress I got, which is brown jersey with little taupe polka dots and taupe piping. The dress is ladylike, therefore a ladylike shoe was out of the question... too much "ladylike" at once, and I might vomit! The dress has to be shortened, and because it has a wrap front, I have to have a seamstress or tailor add a little hook or button at the criss-cross to prevent my bra and its contents from exposing themselves. Nearly all my clothes have to be altered, since I'm very short. It makes more sense to buy petites, but sometimes I can find something in a regular size that will fit well after just a little altering. I could go on and on about this topic: the curse of being petite and loving fashion. Another reason I love platforms - they make me tall! Well, sort of tall. I don't hate being petite, but...if there were one thing I could change about myself physically, it would be my lack of height!

I think I need them in red, too...

No comments: