26 September 2006

Gaslight and Shadows - Revisited





I've written about Gaslight and Shadows, a little antique store in my neighborhood (San Francisco's Outer Richmond District) before, but I can't help doing it again, just as I can't help going there again and again! This time I got these fun dangly earrings; faux ivory and faux tortoise. The tortoise ones only show up if I have my hair up, because my hair is dark and they just kind of blend in if the hair is down, but they do look great when my hair is up, and the ivory ones look great either way.

Gaslight and Shadows is jam-packed with antique lamps, paintings, vintage jewelry and also some new jewelry. It just seems like every time I need a little interesting and inexpensive accessory, I find something perfect there. The tiny one-woman shop is the absolute antithesis of big department store shopping, and that's what I love about it. The owner, Phyllis Nabhan, will spend lots of time helping you and she's very exacting and detailed; she handed me three pink rosette rings to try on, which all looked pretty much the same, so I could pick the exact one I wanted, because each one had a slightly different color and band width. She is great.

Hours are limited - 1pm to 5pm on weekdays.

Gaslight & Shadows Antiques
2335 Clement St
San Francisco, CA 94121

No comments: