05 September 2006

Pure Abundance or Pure Bullshit?




This is an image used to advertise Aveda's Pure Abundance line of volumizing hair products. It seems I'm always bitching about Aveda; their crappy ads, their crappy in-store customer service - and yet I still use their things. Sucker = me.

I saw the ad, which is a model OBVIOUSLY wearing MANY hair extensions, and yet rather than getting hair extensions, I bought the friggin' Pure Abundance hairspray. This was because the one NICE person at the Aveda store near me (she no longer works there, because she's NICE, and no nice people can work there!) did a demonstration for me - she fluffed up my hair while I was bent over and my head was upside down, and she sprayed the stuff all over the underside of my hair. When I flipped my hair back over, it was big and fluffy. I bought the spray.
But my hair still deflated rather quickly, as it always does.

The spray works decently, but not better than any other hairspray. It's not a magical thickener. My hair is straight and it lies down flat, and nothing but curling it with hot rollers makes it otherwise. Since then, Aveda has come out with the matching Pure Abundance shampoo, conditioner and something called "Potion". So the last time I went into Aveda (for candles, not for hair product) the gal working there spotted my flat, straight hair and my gullible face and told me in her chirpy cheerleader voice, "You should try the new Abundance Potion!"
"I already have the spray and I like it but it's not all that volumizing," I replied politely.
"That's because you're not using the WHOLE SYSTEM," she snapped, glaring at me.

Jeez! So rude! Someone needs to sip some more of that lukewarm organic licorice-peppermint tea they always serve you there in tiny, tiny paper cups.

No comments: