13 September 2006

iPod Shuffle, etc. ZZZzzzz



Apple released the new iPod Shuffle and a re-vamped iPod nano yesterday. This is old news, right? The f*cking things are probably already obsolete! Really, I'm kind of sick of Apple and how ubiquitous the iPods are... and how often they re-design them, change the price, add storage, change colors. They're beyond predicatable now. Even as I complain about this, I'm working on an Apple G5, and admittedly, I have an iPod. Mine is one of the minis from the dinosaur era, when they were released in pastel colors. (That was the Christmas I bought my boyfriend one - come to find out my mom bought both my boyfriend AND me one each. So of course we went to the Apple store and exchanged the extra iPod mini for some more Apple stuff.) And I fancy myself a runner, so of course I grudgingly want the new teeny tiny Shuffle. Especially because the old minis skipped, and now they supposedly don't skip. And yet, when I was saying my mini skipped, no one believed me. The peeps at the Apple store just "reset" it, after which it continues to skip!

When my boss and I talked about my laptop for work, I halfheartedly asked for an Apple iBook, but I didn't mind too much when the IT manager said no. (She's pro-PC and our office desktops and laptops are all PC.)

Whatever. I'm fully sucked into the Apple cult and I can still see how stupid it all is.

Now let's talk about important things, like this ad image, which I pulled from Apple's site. Ugly UGLY shirt, ugly jeans, HIDEOUS BRACELETS, and SQUARED-OFF fingernails, and what's with the weird puckering of the tee shirt? Worse, it looks like they broke the model's index finger... whose finger bends at the second joint like that?! Ugly, ugly, ugg.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need this. My Ipod (ancient) finally went haywire. And I doubt it will ever work again.

Anonymous said...

Okay...I'm still laughing about the pic...I was thinkin' Wow MsLovesHelloKitty fooled me with the jeans (stonewashed 'mom' jeans) and the bracelets ('quasi-goth'/highschool friendshipesque). Thanks for clearing that up. I'd reserve judgement on the 'T'...there just might be a sassy white, pink bowed kitty, adorning the boobage.

pink fluff and stuff said...

I feel like the photo stylist hiked up the tee shirt so that a little strip of skin would be exposed. I think they were trying to sex up the image, but instead they just made a bunched-up tee shirt! Idiots!

More Turkish Delight said...

People still don't believe me when I say they skip. At the same part. All the time. Ugh! And you know that "hand model" was paid like 50 bucks + catered lunch = stale pretzels and yellow Gatorade... and not even a g*ddamn Emergen-C!

captain corky said...

It's clear that they used one of those Target models. When I buy clothes from target, which is not all that often, I know I'm going to end up looking like a schlep, and there is nothing I hate more than looking like a schlep. Nothing!

pink fluff and stuff said...

Captain, I think if you mix a little Target into your outfit it's okay. Just don't go head-to-toe with that.

captain corky said...

Kitty, I was really thinking Marshalls, but I wasn't sure if they were still in business. I just checked, good news, they are!

http://www.marshallsonline.com/men.asp