15 September 2006

A Hostess Gift



Another wrapped gift; it's a hostess gift this time. I love wrapping gifts, and I enjoy giving a pretty hostess gift. A lot of people don't do that anymore, which is really sad. I think people who never cook and entertain don't understand how much planning and work goes into a dinner party. A hostess gift is not about money - it's about showing your gratitude and appreciation for someone who is kind and generous enough to invite you over and prepare dinner for you! Hosting people and entertaining them can be very thankless. But tonight, I'm not the hostess; I'm a guest!

I really like this heavy hot pink and orange paper, and I chose a chocolate brown ribbon with orange edging to go with it. The paper is wild and the ribbon is preppy - I like that.

No comments: