17 September 2006

MAC cosmetics Lip Conditioner





I was looking at makeup at the MAC cosmetics counter at Nordstrom, and thought maybe I would buy something. Like perhaps a gel eyeliner and an eyeliner brush, since my favorite eyeliner (which is Anna Sui liquid eyeliner) has recently been discontinued.

Then I looked at the three people who were working at the counter; two women and a man. They were all so ugly and had so much ugly rust-colored makeup on that I started to feel sick, kind of a "car sick" feeling. I think they were all wearing colors from the "Untamed" collection - a lot of rust, orange and gold colors that are supposed to make a person look like a wild bird of prey, I think, because there are feathers in the photos and the eye shadow has names like "well plumed" and "take wing."

"Hiiiii...Can I help you?" asked one of the women, in a really loud, nasal, Stepford wifey kind of way. (Why is she projecting her voice? I wondered. I'm right in front of her.)

"Ugh, I mean yes, thank you. I'd like a lip conditioner in Clear," I said. Yes, they were all so ugly and so hideously made up that they made me nauseous and induced me to buy just a clear lipbalm!
"One lip conditioner," she said robotically, walking away to get it.

MAC cosmetics' lipbalm is okay. It's soft and creamy, unlike your average Chapstick, and it smells pleasantly of vanilla. It doesn't make your lips shiny or glossy; it's very invisible. Sadly, it comes in unimpressive cheapie plastic packaging; just white with black writing. Because you stick your finger in to get the product out, I wipe the top of mine off with a tissue a lot, and especially if I've let someone else stick their grubby finger in there. You just don't know where those fingers have been!

No comments: