09 August 2006

Pink Head by Tarina Tarantino



This necklace was quite a shopping "score" - if you will. (Oh, how I hate sports metaphors, and yet I find myself using them. I blame it on my mother - super jock and former PE teacher. And she's coming to visit this weekend. AAAGH!)

Well, Tarina Tarantino is a designer who put pink hair on Hello Kitty, added some Swarovski crystals and a high price tag, got skinny-weird Paris Hilton to wear her designs, and basically reeled me in like a fish hopelessly hooked in the gullet.
I love it.

I love TT's Hello Kitty jewelry because it's whimsical, it's adorable, It's well-made, or at least much better quality than any cheap necklace sold at Sanrio prior to TT's arrival. (And I have several cheapies.) I do think it's overpriced.

The reason I consider this necklace a score is that it's from the Tarina Tarantino "Bambino" line. It was designed for a child, so the items in the Bambino line were the same as the ones for adults, but with shorter chains, and were priced much lower. This necklace was less than $50, whereas many of her pieces are around $170 - $200. The drawback is that the chain doesn't fit everyone, but if you're small-ish, it will fit like a choker, the way you see it on me here. Maybe TT's people realized the Bambino line was too good of a deal, because it's no longer available. It may still be available on Ebay.

(But you know how I feel about Ebay, right?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, there are a lot of good sellers on eBay! I'm one of them! :)

Jezabel said...

So cute! I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

i love tarina tarantino. i found out about her a few years ago....i think it was from shopgirl.com or something. i feel like she must be related to quentin. how could two artistic people with the last name tarantino have such sibling sounding names? tarina and quentin....doesn't that match?

i wish i had a lot of moneys. then i would buy a cool tarina necklace!