09 August 2006

IKEA

I'm dragging two pals across the Bay to IKEA tonight. It's only noon and I'm already cackling with evil laughter.

Yes, IKEA is huge, confusing, and migraine-inducing. A college girlfriend and I literally broke up over the assembly of a cheap IKEA dresser that had the holes drilled into the wrong side of the plywood. (I called her F*ing incompetent and she called me a bitch. If I remember correctly, she was foaming at the mouth. Ah, those were the days.) And yet...they have really good houseplants sometimes. And a few months ago I bought sixteen mirror tiles there and affixed them to the wall in my bedroom and they look AWESOME, and I've decided that I need eight more to make this mirrored area larger. I hope they still have the mirrors. I think my friend Esther is just coming with me for the IKEA meatballs. And Meagan wants a shower curtain. I hope our friendship survives the maze that is IKEA!

No comments: