24 August 2006

Beauties and Beasts

















What in the Hell happened?! Am I crazy?

I understand that cultural norms around beauty change with time, but I just feel like some really weird media brainwashing thing is happening to Americans in the year 2006... the women being held up to us as "beauties" are all horrifyingly similar and just plain horrifying in general. I honestly think that each of these celebrated beauties from the past is stunningly, heartbreakingly, inarguably gorgeous, while the so-called "beauties" of today are actually beasts!
(Of course I'm only talking about a very narrow and white standard of beauty here anyhow.)

(The women in the top four photos are Faye Dunaway, Twiggy, Brigitte Bardot and Bebe Buell.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bebe buell is liv tyler's mother and she is still hot!

captain corky said...

For the life of me, I can't figure out who the four women on the bottom are. Some help please?

pink fluff and stuff said...

Starting with the orange one - Jennifer Aniston, the toothy one is Sienna Miller, the one who looks like she just rose from the grave is Nicole Kidman, and the one with the same teeth as Sienna Miller is Jessica Simpson.

Anonymous said...

Is the reason why the "beasts" are all showing their capped teeth? Oh, I know... it's because their faces have been pulled behind their ears too many times! :)
LOVE this post!