10 August 2006

My Old L.A.M.B. Baby Barrel Bag



When Gwen Stefani did these L.A.M.B. bags in partnership with LeSportsac a few years ago, I went to the LeSportsac store at the Beverly Center in Los Angeles and they were sold out. (This was in Aug/Sept of 2003.) When I returned to San Francisco I wandered morosely into Macy's one day during a lunch break and their handbag section was fully stocked! I bought this one, called the "Baby Barrel" style. At the time I liked the black and white print (and I love blackletter calligraphy and "type") but I thought the bag was trendy and that I would only use it for a few months. It turned out to be one of my favorites for the next few years! It's such a tiny bag, and I now wish I'd gotten a larger one as well as this one. I wish I'd known then how quickly they would sell out everywhere, that L.A.M.B. was only partnering with LeSportsac for a limited time, and how much I'd love the bag...

especially the "limited time" part... I would have purchased several and jacked up the price and hawked them on horrible Ebay like everyone who is selling them there...
I'm always missing out on money-making schemes...

No comments: