08 August 2006

My Jade Ring










This is my jade ring, which used to be my grandmother's, and her mother gave it to her. It was bequeathed to me because I'm the only person in my family who likes jade, and I'm definitely the only person who likes cabochons.
("Eeewww. Old-ladyish!" says my mother and my aunts.)
When my aunt Maria gave me the ring it was so dirty I didn't even know there were diamonds on the sides. I scrubbed it with a soft baby toothbrush and there it was, all beautiful and green and gold and sparkly. I wear it on my middle finger because it's too big for my ring finger, and since it belonged to my grandma, I don't want to get it sized. I call it The Incredible Hulk. It's not very comfortable, so I only wear it for dress-up. It makes me feel like I'm a different person, in a different time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful perfect ring, and I like how you photographed it with your pink nails.

pink fluff and stuff said...

Thank you. Glad you are enjoying the blog!

Julie said...

Jade is my favorite, too. I have quite the collection, and I simply can't stop. How wonderful that this is passed down in your family.

It's absolutely gorgeous.