12 August 2006

FREAKING OUT!!!





My mother is coming to visit this weekend.

My house is always pretty clean. My mom's house is always IMMACULATE. You could do surgery on yourself on her floors with her knives and sop up your blood with one of her kitchen towels and then sew yourself up with some thread from her sewing kit and there is no way you would get an infection. IT'S THAT CLEAN! The smell of my childhood is not Nestle Tollhouse cookies baking - it's Windex, Listerine and a slight whiff of bleach! She seriously would inspect my bedroom each week (when I was a kid) after our Saturday morning house cleaning, and she would run her fingertip along the surface of my dresser. I know this sounds very Mommy Dearest but she's a really cool mom. She's just... extremely clean.

Behold the weird, outdated and useless heater unit in our wall! I think it's from the 60's. It has all these LITTLE SPACES which catch dust. In order to clean them, I must wrap a cloth around my fingers and run my finger along each little slat. It's a little like flossing, only instead of 32 teeth, there are hundreds. And it's double sided! One side faces the living room and the other side goes right through to the hallway. It's a nightmare!!! Cleaning house before my mom gets here IS A NIGHTMARE! Look at my lamp... it's made of dust-catching STAIRS for Pete's sake...
everywhere I look there are DUST HOLDERS... mini blinds... everywhere... I'M FREAKING OUT!!! I'm in a horror movie, and the villain is covered with little dusty slats and steps...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a hoot.... me thinks your house is as clean as the master taught you....little grasshopper.

have fun with the mom person... will she be sleeping on sheets courtesy of sanrio?

Anonymous said...

you are a hoot...me thinks your house is as clean as the master taught you...little grasshopper

have fun with the mom person...will she be sleeping on sheets courtesy of sanrio?

Anonymous said...

oops... didn't see you are censoring posts. sorry for the double post.