20 July 2006

A Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks



I like my two new Bobbi Brown pot rouges for lips and cheeks. I got colors "Flushed Pink" (the more natural one) and "Pale Pink" (the more candy-like, blue-pink one). They're creamy and soft, not too greasy (I think the Convertible Color by Stila feels too greasy) and I like the wide, round jar. A lot of round makeup items wear down only in the center because of the ways they're sized and shaped; like your finger can only get to one spot easily within the pot. This stuff comes in a really wide-mouthed, shallow jar so you can get to all the product easily. Too bad I didn't take the photograph BEFORE I stuck my grubby finger in there, right?! Well, you germophobes can use a lip brush.

If anyone remembers the cream rouge that Chanel used to make, which was tragically discontinued; with a fine-mesh screen that covered the actual product; this stuff is similar in feel and performance. I loved that stuff!
So this is great: we can all look like we've been running through meadows and eating cherries and getting stung on the lips by killer bees!
Hooray! Sexy bitches!

No comments: