13 July 2006

Lush Cosmetics aka "The Beckys"












I was feeling my dry skin and complaining to my boyfriend about it. "MY FACE FEELS SO DRY!" I yelled.
"Want one of the Beckys?" he called from another room.


"What?" I said, not sure if I'd heard correctly. "The Beckys?"
I thought, What the Hell are The Beckys?
He popped out of the bathroom with a jar of Lush face cream.

On the back or bottom of every Lush jar, there's a sticker that says what day the batch of product was made, what its expiration date is, and there's an unflattering drawing of the woman who supposedly made it. We've noticed before that all my products except for one were made by a "Niki", and the one loner was made by a "Sarah".

I peered at the sticker. "That's not BECKY," I told him witheringly, "That's NIKI."

"Oh," he said very seriously. "Well, this whole time I thought she was named Becky."

I do have a co-worker named Becky, which makes the whole thing funny to me.

Lush has a cult following. I suppose you could say I am on the FRINGES of the cult. I kind of want to go on the Lush messageboards and start trading the woman-stickers like trading cards: ""I need a Monica. Anyone have a Monica? I've got FIVE Nikis. Anyone want a Niki?"

If you ever get anything from Lush, make sure to look at the sticker! It's pretty addictive stuff; handmade, high-quality, delicious-smelling products - you just might love Lush so much that you too will soon have a bathroom full of Beckys.

No comments: