09 July 2006

Goodness Gracious, The Papers...






















I own three pieces of art and a sculpture from the mid-century modern era. Sadly, that is all the REAL art that I own. Three pieces of art and one sculpture are not enough to fill a whole apartment, and I'm not an artist, so I cannot produce my own art, so I've used a lot of high-quality, matte-textured gift wrap, which I cut, mat, frame and hang. On this wall of my dining room I put these papers in 16" x 20" silvery frames. I used lots of colors so that I can change my table linens and flowers often, without thinking about "matching" them to any particular color. The bottom picture is an array of some of the different placemats that I use on the dining table. I did this on a really small budget, and am very happy with the way it all turned out.

metal-and-glass frames - around $20
pre-cut mats - around $5-$10 each
sheets of gift wrapping paper - less than $3 each

Click photos for a larger view.

That weird Cousin Itt-looking thing in the lower left corner of the hole in the wall is not really Cousin Itt - it's a very dark-green plant!

No comments: