14 July 2006

AntiPanti




One of my dirty secrets is that I love lowbrow humor: toilet humor, bodily functions, Austin Powers, South Park the Movie, Beavis and Butthead - you name it.
(Okay, so it's not such a secret. Whatever!) And something that really tickles the immature 7th grade boy in me is when I see someone's panties rising out of their low-rise pants or jeans. It ALWAYS makes me laugh. I'm not judgemental about it, and I'm pretty sure it happens to me, too. I just think it's hysterically funny.

Some entrepreneur has come up with a solution to this panty situation. It's a round disc with cotton on one side and sticky stuff on the other side. You stick it in the crotch of your pants and put your pants on without any panties. it's called the ANTIPANTI! One antipanti is $2 each.

Perusing the website, two questions immediately came to mind:

1) Why bother wearing panties or an ANTIPANTI at all, then? If you're that worried about your thong showing, just go bare. It's not like your sweat or possibly a little vaginal secretion is going to BURN A HOLE through your pants.

2) Isn't this just basically a round panty liner, like you can get at the drugstore in a pack of fifty for two dollars? Why buy a pack of ANTIPANTI (I've decided that the plural of antipanti is also antipanti ) at five for ten dollars?

Ah, but the people at ANTIPANTI have anticipated my questions! They reply that the antipanti allows you to wear your pants several times without washing them! You leave your bodily junk on the antipanti instead of in the crotch of your pants! And as for my second question, the antipanti is different from your mainstream panty liner because it's not "institutional" (what the Hell does that mean???) and because it's sticky all over. Sort of weak arguments, I think, but in the interest of research, I plan to buy a pack of ANTIPANTI, distribute them to pals, and get feedback. I will report back! Stay tuned for ANTIPANTI ADVENTURES.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loves it!