26 June 2006

The Search for Asian Baby Dolls

















Today I was thinking about this Asian baby doll my mom had gotten me when I was a kid. My poor mom; the doll was hideous and scary, and we both hated her. I started wondering if now, something like twenty years later, there are any cuter Asian baby dolls out there.

I found these two dolls, both made by the same company - apparently the Mercedes of baby dolls. The one with darker eyes (the top two photos) is the bigger version, and the other one is the "mini" version. I can't decide if they're frightening or cute. I also can't decide if I want one or not. Would that be totally weird? A grown woman with a little baby doll? What if I wrapped her in a blanket and took her to the store and when people said, "Oooh! Can I see?" I would pull back the blanket a little and they'd be looking at this little DOLL? That would be hilarious. I think I want one.

See the bigger doll with the bunny tee shirt here.


What's also hot is that you can get different cute little outfits for the baby!

No comments: