07 June 2006

Pretty Little Barrettes



I had my hair in two barrettes. One of my coworkers said, "Hey, I like
those barrettes. Where did you get them?"
"At a beauty supply by my house," I said, forgetting that I'd actually
gotten them at Nordstrom. "Want me to pick up a pair for you? They have this color and darker brown."
"No, thank you," she said, "They look pretty on you. I don't really like barrettes..."

"YOU DON'T LIKE BARRETTES? WHY NOT?!" I yelled right in the office.

She has pretty, shoulder length, wavy brown hair with no bangs... how does someone with hair like that not wear barrettes? I was shocked.

"I don't know..." she said, laughing at my reaction, "I just... don't know. I just don't really use them."

Oh my God, I would be like Ally Sheedy's character in The Breakfast Club with hair all over my face and dandruff if I didn't wear barrettes! I love barrettes!

...especially these barrettes by France Luxe. I have several, and they hold hair really well, even slippery straight hair like mine. They're sturdy, too. They're more expensive than your average drugstore-brand barrettes, but they're heavier, they're more lustrous, and they don't break, so overall they're a better value.

No comments: