28 June 2006

Another Pair of Cheap Sunglasses



I succumbed and bought this pair of enormous and cheap sunglasses.

What's the big deal, you ask? Who cares if you spend a mere twenty bucks on a pair of sunglasses?

I know, most people spend that in three trips to Starbucks. However, I am not most people. I am a person who loves fashion and who is on a very small fashion budget. This means I can't be super-impulsive about what I buy. I have to save, and I have to decide carefully how I want to spend my fashion dollars.

There's a pair of Christian Dior sunglasses I want very badly. They are expensive. I tell myself, "Danielle, you cannot afford them." But look! If I add up the $15 and $20 and $5 I spent here and there on my multitude of cheap sunglasses, it all adds up to more than the Christian Dior sunglasses. I would rather have this ONE pair of Diors than ALL my cheapie sunglasses put together! And I CAN have had them, if I can only stop buying cheap glasses, and add the money saved together till I get enough for the Dior sunglasses.

So each time I see a pair of cheap sunglasses I really like and would normally get, I pass them by and I make a note in my organizer. And when I pass up enough pairs, I will reward myself by getting the Christian Dior sunglasses.

So far I've done it twice! I've passed up two pairs. One was $12 and one was $10.

But then I saw these, and tried them on, and they're comfortable, and I love big huge retro sunglasses... and I bought them.
*sigh* Oh well. I like them, and they'll hold me over till I get the other ones!

No comments: