10 June 2006

Beauty Spot... Or Not?




Yesterday I was having a sandwich with my friend Esther, and after we finished eating I swiped at her cheek with my fingertip.
"You have something there," I said, thinking it was a fleck of burnt bread. When it didn't come off I yelled, "Oh my God, it's a BEAUTY MARK!"
"Yeah, I have a few of them," she said, pointing at a few smaller ones.

I have two beauty marks; one at the corner of my right eye and one above my lip. Not to be vain, but I really love them and I sometimes enhance them with a little bit of brown eyeliner. (In the photos above they are non-enhanced.) Sometimes I overdo it, but isn't that what fashion is for?

My favorite eyeliner for enhancing the beauty marks is MAC cosmetics' Powerpoint Eyeliner in "Duck", which is a matte dark brown. It's waterproof, smudgeproof and glides on like silk. To enhance a beauty spot, or create one from scratch, just sharpen the pencil, press it to the skin, and give it a little twist. Pat with a little bit of face powder and there you go.

No comments: