01 June 2006

Comb Mascara=Tammy Faye Bakker Eyes



The other day I bought a tube of this Maybelline Lash Stylist Waterproof mascara. For a long time now, my favorite expensive mascara has been Lancome Definicils Waterproof, which costs around $20. I like it because it's on the liquidy side, goes on rather heavily, and if you've curled your eyelashes before applying it, it really keeps them that way, unlike a lot of mascaras, which wet the curled lashes and straighten them. My favorite cheap mascara was Maybelline Full-n-Soft Waterproof, which costs around $6 or $7. It has a soft, full brush that deposits a light amount of mascara, and leaves eyelashes looking feathery and soft, rather than spiky or dramatic, but it too helps hold the curl.

Lash Stylist has a tiny comb applicator instead of the usual mascara brush! It's actually two rows of tiny teeth, and it's extremely small, so you can really get to all your eyelashes easily. When you first pull the applicator out of the tube, it just looks like a stick. When you really look, you see the two rows of comb-teeth. The combs apply A LOT of very wet, very shiny mascara onto the lashes. I had to comb again and again to separate some of the lashes that had stuck together, and I did one coat on my lower lashes and then two coats on the upper lashes. In the end, my eyelashes looked very black and very thick and spiky. Kind of like Tammy Faye's... not as clumpy. This is a good mascara if you want really dramatic eyelashes.

I try so many mascaras; I'm really surprised that I love this one! Love it! I daresay it is my new favorite!

No comments: