20 October 2006

Pubic Hair Haircolor



A line of pubic hair dye is being sold by Nancy Jarecki, wife of Andrew Jarecki (he directed Capturing the Friedmans and started Moviefone and sold Moviefone to AOL Time Warner for something like 600 million dollars). Betty Beauty pubic hair color is $20 a box and comes in Brown Betty, Fun Betty, Blonde Betty, Auburn Betty and Black Betty. Fun Betty is hot pink! "Betty" is a euphemism for the vulva, I assume; the website refers to "the hair down there" - yet another euphemism!

(Jeez, I didn't even know anyone had any pubic hair anymore, what with all the "Brazilian" wax jobs that are so popular.)

The product is supposed to be safe - gynecologists and dermatologists were consulted in the formulation of it.

One of my hairstylists once told me he felt like it would be okay to color the pubic hair with regular haircolor as long as some kind of cream or jelly was applied to the inner labia to protect it from the chemicals; I never tried it, though. I've done some crazy things in the pursuit of beauty, but I like my clitoris too much to be putting anything caustic and burn-y and smelling like Clorox anywhere near it.

I figure if they make a blonde formula, the product must have bleach of some sort in it, which could be scary what with the delicate tissue of the inner labia and all. But then again, they are bleaching buttholes at certain salons, too, and that tissue is also really delicate. Well, this is all quite fascinating... I really wouldn't mind having hot pink hair "down there" - to deploy the delicate phrasing of Betty Beauty.

VULVA.

It's not a bad word, for chrissakes!

Check it out:
Betty Beauty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wait a minute

it's not a...... popo?


OMG! a hot pink popo...it could make one feel all smug and superior...couldn't it