03 October 2006

Dungaree Dolly



This is one of two purses (handbag, pocketbook, whatever you call it) I have that I got from Dungaree Dolly. They are made by hand by a designer named Beth, aka Dolly. Most of the fabrics are retro, vintage-y, rockabilly looking; what my best friend calls "The Cherry Hegemony", which always makes me laugh! But you know, the girls with the perfect Bettie Page bangs, beautiful tattoos, dramatic eye makeup, cuffed up jeans, black dresses, polka dots, nautical imagery... like the ones who often work at places like the MAC cosmetics pro store and the Betsey Johnson boutique. I really appreciate this aesthetic and sometimes wish I could work it. But I look best with a kind of healthy California-girl style, so, no jet-black Bettie Page bangs for me.

The bags - I can do these! Dungaree Dolly's bags are the most comfortable bags I've ever carried, all balanced and padded and sized just right. At less than $60 each, her "Perfect Purse" really is perfect. And it's cool to support a talented entrepreneur who sews her own stuff!

No comments: