13 October 2006

Blood Tea and Red String



Man, I want to see this movie SO BADLY. My pal Meagan sent me the info about it; of course, she forwarded it from the New York Times. It's not playing in San Francisco, damned second-rate mini-city that SF is. It's playing in NYC and in Los Angeles, OF COURSE. Sure, I can buy it on DVD, but I want to see it on a BIG SCREEN. I grew up going to see movies at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood; I'm theater-spoiled! I can't just see this film on a meager television set.

Here's some text from the website:

BLOOD TEA AND RED STRING is a handmade stop-motion fairy tale for adults.

Thirteen years in the making, Christiane Cegavske’s dialogue free film tells the tale of the struggle between the aristocratic White Mice and the rustic Creatures Who Dwell Under the Oak over the doll of their heart’s desire.

The Mice commission the Oak Dwellers to create a beautiful doll for them. When she is complete, the Creatures fall in love with her and refuse to give her up. Resorting to thievery the Mice abscond with her in the middle of the night.

Meet fantastical creatures and view dazzling scenery as the Creatures Who Dwell Under the Oak journey through this mystical land to reclaim their love. See the mice descend into debauchery as they become drunk on blood tea! See what happens when the Oak Dwellers eat the yellow fruit!

-----------
Doesn't that sound awesome?!

Artist and filmmaker Christiane Cegavske's site.

Oh yeah, it's Friday the 13th today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Christiane Cegavske... it IS playing in S.F. at a yet unnamed theatre... details to follow!

I actually started making the film in S.F. and it premiered there at the SF Independent fest.

I think it will be a 3 day run so watch my announcements at http://www.myspace.com/bloodtearedstring

pink fluff and stuff said...

Thank you so much for the information! I can't wait to see it.