18 October 2006

Moxie Parlour




I like my new hairstylist a lot. Did I say I like her? Correction: I FRIGGIN' LOVE HER! She's gentle, precise, and I enjoyed watching her work. She gave me an awesome haircut. All the dried, colored parts of my hair were cut out and for the first time in years I'm wearing my natural, virgin haircolor. I'm getting color next week, though. One of my coworkers told me I looked hot, our chef said he loved my haircut, my boss said "snazzy" (who the hell talks like that? "Snazzy"?!) and one person said I look ten years older. Hello?! That's a statement you want to hear when you're TWELVE YEARS OLD, not __________ (my age). Oh well, my opinion is the only one that matters!

I also think it's interesting how women with long hair will often tell someone who also had long hair but just cut their hair all the reasons why she (woman with long hair) can't or won't ever change their length. I wonder what that's about.

Well, I owe my newfound happiness to Denise, who referred me to my new stylist.
Thanks, Denise!

{Oh, and also to Rosario Dawson, because I just saw photos of her in this month's Allure magazine and she had a bob (or a wig) and it looked really good, so I decided to do it.}
I really love Before and Afters, and makeovers and all that. But I never do them on myself, this is super fun...
Before Hair

Moxie Parlour

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new haircut looks *amazing* - and I like the photo, too!

love,
maude

pink fluff and stuff said...

Thanks, Maude! I like your new haircut, too. I enjoy using the Picasa photo editor to make my photos look better than the real me. Heh heh.

DivineDivorcee said...

I...may...have...to... do that.
OMG you make it look so good! But when I do that it looks like crap. *sigh*.

I actually think it makes you look like you're in your mid-20's...

pink fluff and stuff said...

DD, do you have straight hair?
and thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Samantic said...

I think it looks amazing too! And, I was saying to myself that your pictures always look so professional... Glad to know that you photo-edit too... Or maybe you don't. Anyway- love it~!

DivineDivorcee said...

My hair is wavy, but not in a pretty, useful way. In a go one way on one side, the other on the other side way.

captain corky said...

Short hair doesn't work for a lot of women, but it definitly works for you.