24 October 2006

The 2007 Slingshot Organizer




For the past three years I've used the Slingshot Collective's little organizer as my main calendar and address book. This year's cover is cute - it has a snow-covered mountain, clouds, and people skiing, hiking and scuba diving in the sky. I colored mine in and added the hearts... the orange one is for Dear Daniel and the green is a little gift for a co-worker of mine. The Slingshot contains lots of good information, such as how to examine your breasts and testicles, what your legal rights are when being arrested, and there's also a menstrual calendar. That's why I got it for my 18-year old college-freshman co-worker - she saw mine and was interested. Oddly, when I said you can use it to chart your periods and see when you ovulate, she said, "What's that?"
Supressing my shock I said, "Ovulation? When your ovaries release an egg..."
I think she's a virgin. I friggin' hope so, anyway.

If you get a Slingshot, keep in mind they get battered pretty quickly. I'm going to cover mine with a sheet of self-stick laminating paper this year. Last year I covered it with packing tape!

More about The Slingshot Organizer

2 comments:

captain corky said...

What planet was your co-worker born on? Maybe she was born in Kantucky and home schooled as well. Lots of people are home schooled here. Blair from the Facts of Life home schools her kids, can you believe that? I wonder if her kids know what the word ovulate means. I have my doubts.

pink fluff and stuff said...

That's the weird thing... she was born and raised in San Francisco, and attended public schools... I don't get it. OMG I loved The Facts of Life! I wanted to be Tutti.