28 October 2006

Mac Cosmetics Can Kiss My *&^%



Yesterday I spent many hours at an art studio getting tutored on Adobe InDesign. I skipped lunch and dehydrated myself because I was concentrating so hard. I'm writing and producing an employee newsletter for work and I don't want it to look like a janky piece of shit, so... InDesign it is.

Cranky and dry-eyed, I called Dear Daniel and offered to pick him up when he finished work. I told him how hard I'd been working and how cracked-out I felt. He suggested we go to the MAC cosmetics store on Union Street in San Francisco to get my new liquid eyeliner, adn then have a nice dinner. For a month, I've whined about how my Anna Sui liquid eyeliner is almost finished and how it's discontinued. He's had to hear this every morning Monday through Friday at 5:45 am. It's no wonder he offered to take me there and buy me the new eyeliner, and whatever else I want at MAC.

I've had bad experiences at each of the Bay Area MAC cosmetics Pro stores now. The Berkeley store is awful, with disgusting testers, artists who look like clowns and have acne, and they're always out of whatever colors you want. The one on Fillmore Street is narrow and one of the salespeople was very catty to my friend when we were there for one of their stupid special events. And now the Union Street store - there were five employees in there and two customers last night. The employees were frantically fluffing their displays and two told me apologetically, "I'll be with you in JUST a moment. I'm so sorry. I'll be right with you," with worried looks on their faces. I couldn't believe I was standing there with a list in my hand and a credit card wielding boyfriend in tow, while they wiped the tops of tester lipsticks. I'm definitely getting impatient and fearless in my old age - I snapped, "Oh, this is BULLSHIT," and stormed out. Their faces were a startled blur. I was so pissed. Dear Daniel was laughing. For some reason he enjoys my public tantrums. And thank God, because I have them regularly. If you want any decent help with MAC cosmetics in San Francisco, the only place is the counter at Nordstrom downtown. Their artists look awesome and they're nice, and attentive. And they always have everything in stock.

But I've about had it with MAC cosmetics altogether. There are so many other brands out there. I've succumbed to MAC default laziness syndrome over the past few years.
So I went to Sephora and tested several liquid eyeliners. The one I got is Bourjois Very Long-Lasting "Liner Pinceau" (in black, naturally). Also, I chose a Laura Mercier lipgloss item called Lip Kisses SPF 15. The color is "Berry Slush" and it goes on a natural rosy pink. It smells like vanilla and the tube is delightfully tiny. MAC cosmetics can kiss my *&#.

4 comments:

Heidi on Vashon said...

You tell 'em! And I give Sephora props for their decent inventory knowledge and customer service (speaking for Seattle).

captain corky said...

The strangest thing just happened, I was googling the word bukkake and I wound up here... How did that happen?

Heidi on Vashon said...

That Bukkake post is still my fave.

linda said...

Agree about the downtown locale... Here's my MAC story from Saturday: http://sunset-stories.blogspot.com/