24 May 2008

One Week Down!

Having completed one week at my new job, I'm feeling pretty good. The people are so nice! Maybe they just haven't had time to get annoyed with me yet...but I hope the honeymoon period lasts.

I miss several of the people at my old job, and I miss my old workstation, which was more ergonomic and private than my new work area. Other than that, the list of the "pros" of my new job is astouding. They have toilet seat covers! There are four toilets and about 12 people, and the bathrooms are clean! At my ex-company, there were four toilets for about sixty people. It's like peeing in Nordstrom's bathroom on a weekday versus peeing at the first Chevron on Highway 5 midway between Nowhere and Really Nowhere in the middle of summer while you're driving down to LA or San Diego from Northern California. I know I'm more than a little obsessed with the work bathroom issue, but if you worked at my old workplace, you'd understand. Not only was the old work bathroom gross, but I was also in charge of the company logo tee shirts, which were stored in a cabinet INSIDE the smelly bathroom. I had to stand in the smelly bathroom for long periods of time counting tee shirts.

I work less than 2 miles from my apartment now, and I work on the same block as DD. We had lunch together twice last week.

Best of all,Leggy doesn't work at my new workplace! OH MY GOD... I NEVER HAVE TO SEE HER AGAIN! And I'm finally free of the devil who wears fleece.

No comments: