25 May 2008

The Metamorphosis: Chelsea Clinton















Until recently, I always thought of Chelsea Clinton as this horsey, kind of homely, probably really smart, nice girl. A lot of people considered Chelsea Clinton to be unattractive. I thought she was cute. She's not Barbie pretty but she was never ugly; I just never understood why people said so. She's a privileged girl, yes, but she seemed like she was a nice girl. A girl you would not mind having as your co-worker, sister-in-law, or as your young child's teacher. I always felt sorry for her because her parents are so much to live up to. It's like she would have to be super successful academically and professionally and marry someone very appropriate and live within a very narrow box of constrictions. People say her parents did a good job of keeping her from the public eye, and she certainly did keep a low profile. Till now!

All of a sudden, she's emerged, campaigning for Hillary Clinton and looking completely and FREAKISHLY different; she sounds like her mother and she looks like her, too. Chelsea is a little mini-mom! It looks to me like Hillary has had some procedures over the years, and now Chelsea appears to have had procedures, and her procedures look like they were designed to make her look like Hillary... post-procedures Hillary. Like the child is carved to match the carved parent, to further the illusion that the parent wasn't carved.

My mom had her eyes done about ten years ago. She had bags under her eyes and she wanted them gone. I didn't think they looked bad. They did the bags and the upper eyelids as well. Afterward, my mother didn't look "refreshed"-- she looked like a totally different person! She has those recognizable plastic surgery eyes. I'm all for plastic surgery if it enhances the you that's already there, or makes you look better but still like yourself. It all starts to freak me out when everyone's surgery just seems to make them look closer to a certain standard. I really think Nicole Kidman looks exactly like Naomi Watts looks like Sienna Miller looks like Kylie Minogue...

Behold Chelsea Clinton! I feel like they took the real Chelsea to the special hospital in Stepford and brought this... gynoid! It's upsetting. I don't know if any of these photos have been messed-with to enhance her weirdness... do a search for "Chelsea Clinton 2008" to see lots more.

No comments: