17 January 2007

A Thursday Off?



I have half of tomorrow off! It's because I've been working every Sunday. Some weeks I've worked six days, and it's been okay but this week I'm trying to make it 5.5. I plan to work on some neglected projects, like this scarf I'm crocheting for someone who actually commissioned me to do it! It's a simple crochet stitch, very repetitive but in a soothing, hypnotic (rather than boring) way. Usually, I knit. There are times when it's fun to knit something challenging and complicated, requiring you to concentrate, count, rework, and, uh, do math that involves fractions and division, but there are other times when it's more a sensual pleasure to knit or crochet with a fun, pretty yarn that feels good, and nice wood or bamboo needles or hook. This scarf requires no counting, and the colors in the soft yarn are mesmerizing.

1 comment:

captain corky said...

Enjoy your half day off. Allyson has recently taken up knitting. She seems to really enjoy it.