03 January 2007

Sanfaustino Water




Before we drove back to San Francisco from Southern California, we bought snacks and drinks to eat and drink along the way. If you've ever driven up or down Highway 5, which runs top-to-bottom through California (down the middle) you know that the only stuff to buy along the way is gasoline and fast food. There might be three drive-through Starbucks in 400 miles. Ordinarily I snub Starbucks, but when on Hwy 5, we start looking for one desperately, as if it's a cool oasis in the middle of Hell.

Anyhow, one of the drinks I purchased before our departure was this Sanfaustino sparking water, with raspberry and lime. (I have never had this water before and purchased it solely because I was impressed with the pretty label. In fact, I usually like plain sparking water better than flavored, but the rose-colored label won me over.) There was snow in the Tehachapi mountains and I thought it was a good time to drink something bubbly. I opened the bottle and the air that escaped smelled like sulfur... like a Toni home perm from the 80's... and I do know what that smells like; my mom gave me one when I was in elementary school. Anyhow, it was disgusting.
I'm not sure if I got a bad batch of water or if it was supposed to be that way... but, sadly, this got us searching for the next drive-through Starbucks again.

2 comments:

Mx said...

uh oh....

the waters of Umbria runneth afoul

Heidi on Vashon said...

It's very subjective, flavored water. We work with a company (hint: something "rain!") and some people love the new product, others find it too strong. The label is gorgeous!