31 December 2006

An L.A. Vintage Car



It is quite possible that I will never get over missing Los Angeles. I have lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for four years now.
There are a lot of things I like about San Francisco, but I hate the weather. I know - I'm being a baby - there's no snow, it's nothing like the East Coast or Canada or the Pacific Northwest or... Siberia. But compared to Southern California, where I spend the first twenty-something years of my life, SF is cold and bitter and damp and bone-chilling and gray.

Just a few days ago I was shopping and eating a salad at the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica, California. (Without a sweater, a scarf, or tights. Just sunglasses.) DD and I saw this cool lavender car with violet flames on the sides and white walled tires. I don't know what kind of car it is, but it sure is beautiful!

Happy New Year's Eve!

1 comment:

captain corky said...

Happy New Year Kitty! It's been fun reading your stuff and getting to know you. I'm looking forward to next year.