10 December 2006

My New Tote




Part of my Luna-versary gift from DD is my new tote bag. It's so big we call it "Herbig." There's a show I've been renting on DVD called "Dead Like Me" and part of it takes place in a temp office called "Happy Time." For many reasons, I love office humor, like the British show "The Office" and the old movie "Office Space."
I don't watch TV (I don't have cable. I worked for Time-Warner Cable as a salesperson in college and had enough TV and cable information and marketing shoved down my throat and stuffed into my brain to last a lifetime!) but I rent films and the occasional out-of-date series sometimes. Anyhow, the office manager character on "Dead Like Me" is named Dolores Herbig. When Dolores tells anyone her name, she says, "Herbig, as in Her Big Brown Eyes?" and points to her eye. My new tote bag is named Herbig, as in Her Big Harajuku Lovers Tote Bag.

Tote bags are hit-or-miss: your things can get lost inside, and they have the potential to get ridiculously heavy and cumbersome, depending on how much stuff you stuff into them. I have my stuff in subdivided bags within the tote bag; there's a makeup bag, a pen case, a big, thick envelope for paperwork, receipts and mail, and a mini-purse with my wallet and keys inside, so if I want to leave work for an errand, I can just grab that mini-purse instead of the whole tote bag. The secret to making a Herbig tote bag functional is having smaller bags within the big bag, plus purging the contents of the bag at least every few days. Also, the Herbig cannot be too heavy, or it's bad for your shoulders and back.

The second photo shows the little dangling charm that comes attached to the bag. It's a little image of Gwen Stefani. I also added a Sanrio cell phone charm (the pink and blue hearts) to make it more interesting.

1 comment:

DivineDivorcee said...

i'm having bag envy :)