16 December 2006

My Fountain Pen




I am the overjoyed owner of a new Conklin fountain pen! It has a custom-made italic nib (the flat type of nib that people associate with calligraphy) so that the person writing with it (me!) gets a thick and thin line variation in the writing. Pens like this improve anyone's handwriting. I tested many pens and this one was my favorite. It writes boldly, has a generous (even heavy) ink flow, and feels very comfortable in the hand. DD bought it for me as a Christmas gift, but my calligraphy teacher cleaned and filled the pen and said that it's good to use your fountain pen every day, or else the ink can get a little dry and clogged, so I received the gift early. Which is great, because I really, really wanted to start writing with it right away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your calligraphy is simply stunning in the sample photo that you provided. I especially like the way you put jaunty dashes over the "i"s. Gorgeous!

love,
maude