10 December 2006

Luna-versary



DD and I are not married, and for now at least, we've committed to not getting married until everyone who loves each other and wants to get married in the United States can - meaning: We won't get married till lesbian and gay couples can. I'm not trying to preach or to say that this is the right stance for anyone else - it's just something that's important to us.

We've been partnered for five years, but every month we count our "Luna-versaries," rather than anniversaries. I mean, a year is long time to wait for a celebration, a nice dinner out, and a gift, isn't it?

DD has great style, and is the kind of person who can carry fashion off very well. You know how some men look best a little understated, dressed in classic clothing? He's one of the lucky ones who look good dressed with a touch of flamboyance, and although that quality is not necessarily related to age and body type, he's young enough and slender enough to get away with rather a lot of flamboyance.
I love his sense of style, and I love that my partner is cool enough to wear these crazy limited edition half-shelltop "Cities" sneakers. They come in "LA", "New York City", "Kingston" and "San Juan". He wanted them: I got them for him for our Luna-versary.

1 comment:

captain corky said...

"We won't get married till lesbian and gay couples can. I'm not trying to preach or to say that this is the right stance for anyone else - it's just something that's important to us".

That's really admirable. I respect that a lot!