02 November 2006

Straus Creamery Eggnog



It's the first rainy, gray day of the season here in San Francisco. (Well, it's often
foggy-gray, but this is the first rain.) Halloween is over, and at my workplace, we're all anticipating the arrival of the literal TONS of Thanksgiving food that comes in and has to be dealt with; received, moved, stacked, counted, dated, sold and then moved, palletized, and trucked. Fifty pound bales of potatoes, sweet potatoes... carrots... Thanksgiving is the biggest time of the year for all people in the produce industry, and because it's all fresh (ours is organic and mostly local, so it's super-fresh) there's no way to space out the workload. It all happens in the span of four or five exhausting days. Everyone pitches in to do the physical labor here at this time of year, from our CEO to our receptionists. It's all kind of fun, but exhausting.

But before Thanksgiving... here comes Christmas! We also sell Straus dairy products, and today the first eggnog arrived. "There's no water in it," my coworker Mary, who orders the dairy stuff told me, "Egg yolk, whole milk, cream and nutmeg; want some?"

Heart attack in a cup!!! I told her, "Yes, But just an inch!"

So delicious!
(Even better with the rum, though, probably.)

Straus Creamery.

1 comment:

captain corky said...

I never tried eggnog until a couple of years ago. I actually prefer it without alcohol, but my feelings on the matter might be jaded due to the fact that I almost killed myself drinking too much vodka last night. Corky can be so foolish sometimes!