06 November 2006

Attack of the Crocs!




Everyone in San Francisco is wearing these colorful, non-leather shoe things that look like gardening shoes or muppet foot coverings, or the blobs that a kindergartener might draw in an attempt to draw shoes. They are called Crocs. I've seen them on people of all ages and styles. I've been seeing them for a while (a few years, I think) but they've only become ubiquitous in the past year or so. They look cute on some people (mostly people under the age of six years). In this man's case, I like the way his red Crocs give a shot of color to his otherwise drab, colorless, and typically Bay Area outfit. I hear they are wildly comfortable. I tried on my coworker's pair, and they did seem wildly comfortable, in the way that my fuzzy bedroom slippers are comfortable, or that my boyfriend's gray sweatshirt, several sizes too big for me is comfortable, but you don't see me wearing bedroom slippers and my boyfriend's sweatshirt out in public, now do you?!

Okay, being completely honest here - I think they are totally hideous and look like clown shoes, and any man who can't be bothered to tie SHOELACES cannot walk alongside me!

Crocs cost less than $40 and are sold at many places, including Nordstrom. So if you MUST get a pair... they are easy to find.

Crocs

4 comments:

captain corky said...

Amen sister! I think those shoes were called clogs in 80's, but clogs looked good on some girls. Those Crocs are sinful.

Samantic said...

Well, since my daughter only turns 5 tomorrow, I will be sure to only let her wear her hot pink pair for another year!

pink fluff and stuff said...

I do think they are very cute on adorable children, and on certain adult hipster types who are so cool they can wear ugly stuff and make it cool!

Heidi on Vashon said...

They're widely worn in Seattle, too, and I say "JUST SAY NO" to these things. I would rather eat earwax (even someone else's) than wear these things.

Yeesh.