08 November 2006

Flowering Tea




I'm currently into flowering tea - the tea leaves are sewn into a tight, dry ball. When you steep the ball, it blooms into a beautiful tea-flower that looks like a sea anenome. First it blooms, and then begins to infuse the water and turn into tea. It's extremely fun to watch. You can do it in a glass teapot, like mine, or even in a jar or French press. I'm looking for a clear travel mug so that I can drink flowering tea at work.

Numi tea sells little glass teapots like mine, and several types of flowering tea. They have a mixed box with nine different types of flowering tea in it; it's called Numi's Bouquet. It comes with a paper inside describing each type; kind of like a box of chocolates, only it's tea!
My co-worker Sue has a tea hook-up, though (her sister is a tea-dealer), so I purchased twenty dried tea balls from her for $1 apiece.

Numi Flowering Tea...

No comments: