19 May 2006

Gray Hairs like Pubic Hairs

I am thirty-three and so far - THANK THE GODDESS AND MY PARENTS FOR THEIR GOOD GENES! - not showing many physical signs of aging. Not many, but some. For one thing, my skin was oily my whole life till two years ago, when it suddenly became dry. No big deal. And of course, there's that one freckle thing on my arm. But by far the worst thing that has happened so far is that I have GRAY HAIRS now, and they all seem to have appeared in the past year. They are not soft and shiny like my old hairs. They are coarse and wiry, kind of like PUBIC hairs, only straight. And gray.

For the most part, they're at the back of my head, or the underside of my hair. Also, I get my hair colored, so for a while after the coloring, the gray hairs become dark brown. But as anyone with gray hairs knows, the gray hairs don't hold color very long, and after a while they become gray again. My hairstylist tells me not to pull them. He said the best thing to do is to color them; second best is to cut them.

"Will you...see this?... cut this one gray hair for me please?" I asked a friendly coworker, while pointing to it with the fingers of one hand and holding it between the fingers of the other.

"Why not just pull it? Or just leave it alone?" she asked, already coming at my head with a maniacal look on her face and my big paper scissors in her hand.
Before I even answered, she swooped in, and the next thing I knew, she's dropping about TWENTY perfectly fine healthy dark hairs into my wastepaper bin.
"What the Hell?!" I screamed.
"Sorry," she said, laughing, "I might have gotten a couple of other hairs in there. Sorry."

God help me!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously you need to choose your co-workers more wisely...elisha

pink fluff and stuff said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.