22 February 2007

Josef Frank






... some of the crazy-cool, modern things designed by architect/designer Josef Frank, who said, "The home does not have to be planned out in detail, just put
together by pieces its inhabitants love." It is true, isn't it? I'm super happy in my apartment, which is decorated with a combination of midcentury modern art that was done by my photographer grandfather's artist friends, a white 1960's style sofa and chair, inexpensive mirrors, framed pieces of paper that I like for the moment (I may tire of them in a few days), Marimekko fabric wall hangings that remind me of my early childhood in the '70's, and a dining table that's more French country looking than modern. I don't think you can decorate or dress all in one style or time period; it's too confining. A person should go for what she/he loves and trust that it'll all look great together.

No comments: