10 February 2007

Blood Orange Brownies



My three favorite sweet things are creme brulée, gingery things like gingerbread, gingersnaps, etc., and brownies. And last night I tasted the best brownie I've ever tasted in my life. DD and I and another couple went to this Slow Food event, where vendors in the Ferry Building were serving tiny tastes of the various foods they make and sell. Stonehouse Olive Oil featured a Blood Orange Brownie made with their blood orange olive oil. It was so delicious; chewy, not-too-sweet, and slightly blood orangey. My friend surprised me with a bottle of the blood orange olive oil, and Stonehouse gave out the recipe, which looks surprisingly easy.

Blood Orange Brownies

1/4 cup butter
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup Stonehouse Blood Orange Olive Oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt

Melt butter and chocolate together in a large saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.

Pour into and 8 inch square pan greased with olive oil. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.

No comments: