03 March 2007

Gelly Roll Pens



I've amassed a pretty big number of Gelly Roll pens (the maker is Sakura)in a short amount of time, and because a lot of colors look the same in the pen, for example black, dark green, dark blue and purple all look like black inside the frosted barrel of the pen, I labeled all the look-alikes with P touch labels. Dear Daniel, who exhibits signs of obsessive compulsive disorder at times, made all the labels for me. Some of the colors are ones that he picked out, and those are labeled in such a way as to be read when the pen is being held by a left-handed person, since he's left handed.

I don't actually covet ALL the Gelly Roll pens Sakura offers. I like the bold point ones because the inks flow so freely, and I like the medium point ones that are metallic, because they write on dark paper, and because the metallics don't come in bold.

You can do a lot of fun things with them. I like to doodle and draw little flourishes when I'm trying not to think in any one direction but to let ideas come to me instead.

No comments: