06 March 2007

Crane Paper



I love Crane and Co. paper, because it's heavy, thick, 100% cotton, and feels great. The paper sucks up ink beautifully; it's fun to write on. Seriously; the difference between your average sheet of notebook paper or Post It paper and Crane and Co. paper is analogous to the difference between Sprite and Veuve Clicquot. On a trip to NYC, my mother bought me some correspondence cards by Crane and Co., very simple cream colored cardstock with a little black lipstick tube with pink lipstick in the lower right corner. They were feminine and fun without being too frilly. I loved those notecards, and at the time I didn't realize that was a limited edition design, or else I would have bought all the boxes of it they had.

Most of Crane's current designs are a little conservative for me, so I stick with either plain cream or their solid colored correspondence cards and notecards. I have white, cream, turquoise, hot pink and orange. They have soft colors like pink mist, bar harbor blue and wasabi green, but I'm not too keen on those. I like the notecards pictured here, but I think I'd get tired of them after a while.

Anyone who still takes pen to paper and enjoys it, or anyone who still actually writes a thank you note when someone has been thoughtful enough to give them a gift should get themselves some nice paper. And if you don't write thank you notes, then you don't deserve the nice paper. (Maybe you don't even deserve the gift.)

No comments: