09 March 2007

Chocolate



I once made a list of chocolate beauty products that really smell like chocolate. I put the list in my 'zine. I'm making an updated version, since some things have changed.

First of all, a lot of chocolate beauty products don't really smell like chocolate. They smell like fake chocolate; like Tootsie Rolls or Necco Wafers compared to real, dark chocolate. I'm always on a quest to find the best chocolate beauty products.

Origins Cocoa Therapy so far is the best. It comes in bar soap, body wash, some shea-butterish stuff they call "Total Body Treat", lipbalm, a scrub, a little roll-on scented oil, and a rich body cream. The body cream is the best. It smells like real cocoa, with orange and some other scents that smell delicious and rich. I haven't tried the lipbalm, but all the other things are very good. The bar soap is soft and creamy and plush.

I also love Lush's Sonic Death Monkey shower gel shampoo, which smells like chocolate, coffee, stale cigarette, and lime. I know that sounds hideous, but it smells really good, smoky and yummy. DD smells really good after he washes with this.

My third favorite chocolate item is Giovanni Hot Chocolate Sugar Scrub. It's a handful of scrubby goo that smells like chocolate pudding, and it's a big jar for the twelve bucks. (The Origins cream is a bit of a splurge at $27 for the jar of body cream about the size of a small tub of whipped cream cheese.)

Those are the best chocolate beauty products out there. And I'd be happy to be be proven wrong.

1 comment:

Dylan said...

chocolate should smell like chocolate. glad there are femmes out there like yourself keeping tabs on these issues!