06 July 2007

Steven Shein Necklaces




I want these! They're made of plastic resin, and are about $100 each, which seems a little steep considering they're plastic and they sort of look, for all their cuteness, like you could get something similar at Forever 21 for about $6.99.
But I haven't tried them on; maybe they feel heavy and good; who knows. The designs are fun and a lot of them remind me of childhood... roller skates, lightning bolts, rainbows and other similar iconography.


Steven Shein's site... and it has a LOT of Flash animation and bright colors, so if you're epileptic or prone to migraines, be forewarned!

7.10.2007

Note:

Hey, designer Steven Shein e-mailed me to let me know that his necklaces are made by a small team of craftspeople (rather than being mass-produced by machines in a factory). That rocks... and justifies the price, I'd say!

No comments: