11 July 2007

Dedicated to the Cherry Hegemony



My friend Meagan coined the term "The Cherry Hegemony". It's sort of an inside joke with us, so I can't explain it here, until I ask her if it's okay to share!

Let's just say that we both admit it very grudgingly when we like cherry iconography and imagery, which we feel is just over-played and un-original.

I don't know, maybe it's summer, stonefruit season, the big, sweet Bing cherries at our work... or the very real delight at finding the pairs still attached, maybe even with a little leaf still stuck on and showing them to each other... but I've been liking a lot of cherry imagery lately! I tend to get obsessed with images and patterns, for example, before you knew me, I was a leopard print addict, and, well there's that Hello Kitty problem I have. I feel some kind of cherry thing coming on.

This awesome, modern necklace is from Arena CPH, apparently a Danish design collective.

No comments: