19 June 2007

Personalized Plates

Personalized license plates have been somewhat on my mind lately, ever since one of my committees at work put forth the idea of changing "SUS AG" on the license plate of the truck on our website homepage to "ORGANIC". Personally, I'm rather glad the proposal got a "thumbs down". I think SUS AG is fun, and personalized license plates are supposed to be kind of fun to try and figure out. "Organic" seemed a little too dumbed-down.

As I was thinking about this on my drive home today, an SUV ugly monster vehicle thing turned in front of me. MBA JD something something it read. Barf! How smug and pretentious to have your degrees on your vanity plates. Vanity plates, indeed.
Oh, I'm just annoyed that there's no good way to abbreviate "Useless Degree in English with an Emphasis in American Lit".

4 comments:

Mx said...

what if it was a big black SUV with the vanity plates...'Madame X'??



would ya give a wave?

pink fluff and stuff said...

Definitely! I'd probably run you off the road so we could meet.

Mx said...

Ha Ha!!! Maybe we can meet up sometime when I'm in the city on one of those famous shopping trips.....

don't be running any 'MadameXes' off the road though... 'cause I really don't have a vanity plate :D

Mx said...

wow,
I think you have a new portuguese friend that found your 'blog' when they googled 'how to personalize a t-shirt'..They find you interesting.

me too :)